Monday, January 19, 2009

A Gift from Pagan Author Vila Spiderhawk


Last week I received a package in the mail that contained two books from the pagan author Vila Spider Hawk. Vila and I have chatted online about possibly putting one of her books with one of my handcrafted items to sell as a set.
She sent me these books so I would be able to put something together that fit the books appropriately.
She sent me two books one is called:
Forest Song, Finding a Home
The other is:
Hidden Passages, Tales to Honor the Crones

Both books are enchanting to look at, the covers are done beautifully.
I decided to start with Forest Song and I started reading it Saturday evening.
I am halfway through this book and I can't put it down. Every chance I get I am picking it up to get in a couple of pages before the duties of Motherhood call to me.

I can feel this young girls pains and joys as if they are my own. As she walks through the forest, I feel Mother Earth calling to me. The characters in this book are wonderful and I wish they were my own friends!

I would love for my blog followers to look into purchasing this book so that we may all discuss it together. There are so many different aspects to this story, the twists and turns and the joys and sorrows.
I have always wanted to start a Pagan Book Club and this is a wonderful book to start with.
If any of you are interested in joining me on this journey through "Forest Song" leave a comment and let me know.
You can purchase Vila's books at:
www.vanillaheartbooksandauthors.com
as well as through Amazon.com

I can't thank Vila enough for the wonderful gift of her books! Over the last few days I have laughed and cried with Judy and I look forward to reading what the future has in store for her.
Thank you Vila!

5 comments:

Sarah Sullivan said...

I do love Vila's work!!! Enjoy the read!!! Sarah

Jeanette said...

This book sounds delightful.
I will have to put it on my agenda to read. Thankyou for letting me know about it.
Jeanette :)

Hibiscus Moon said...

I'm sure this ensemble will make a perfect basket. The book sounds very interesting.

Ava said...

I would love to get a copy and start a discussion about it.... I am looking online for a copy, I have found a few, I am also going to check my local bookstores. I will get back to you on that. Thanks so much for sharing.

Ava

Princess61470 said...

I think that is a great idea! Ever since I met Vila online I have been wanting to give her a book a try. Am going to look into getting it now! Cant wait to see what kind of package you will come up with!